Code Of Conduct
SPORTSMANSHIP CODE & ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
This policy has been written by Werribee City FC to help maintain a healthy balance between fair play and safety. It is a club goal to establish better relationships between coaches, players, parents, and officials. Werribee City FC intends to enlighten players, coaches, parents, and fans about the true meaning of SPORTSMANSHIP.
- SPORTSMANSHIP: Participating in sports with conduct and attitude considered appropriate, especially fair play and courtesy.
- ETHICS: Principles governing right and wrong accepted by an individual or a group.
- INTEGRITY: Firm adherence to values that incorporate principles of honesty.
FUNDAMENTALS OF SPORTSMANSHIP
- Gain an understanding of the rules of the game.
- Exercise representative behavior.
- Recognize and show appreciation for outstanding play.
- Exhibit respect for officials.
- Openly display respect for opponents.
- Display pride in actions.
SPORTSMANSHIP CODE GUIDELINES AND BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS
- Prioritize emotional and physical well-being over personal desire to win.
- Respect the integrity and personality of individual athletes.
- Exemplify high moral character, behavior, and leadership.
- Learn the rules and set a good example.
- Shake hands before and after each match.
- Be responsible for players and parents on the sideline.
- Learn the rules and treat everyone with respect.
- Come prepared to training sessions and matches.
- Show good sportsmanship before and after the game.
- Control your temper and avoid inappropriate language.
- Shake hands after the game.
PARENTS AND SPECTATORS:
- Encourage your child to play by the rules.
- Applaud good plays and speak respectfully.
- Watch and enjoy the game.
- Thank your coaches and remember they are volunteers.
- Refrain from negative behavior or language.
- Do not coach your child; encourage them.
ZERO TOLERANCE / NO DISSENT & SPORTSMANSHIP RULE
PENALTIES FOR DISSENT OR UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT
- 1st YELLOW CARD: Various penalties for coaches, parents, and players.
- 2nd YELLOW CARD in same season: Further penalties.
- RED CARD: Suspension and fines.
Incident review process
- The Executive Committee will review all incidents.
- Abuse, fighting, taunting, disrespect, blaming others, social media misconduct.
ACCEPTABLE (EXPECTED) BEHAVIORS
- Congratulation, handshaking, thanking others, treating competition as a game, community respect.
Alcohol and Drug Use
- Any use is strictly forbidden in connection with Werribee City FC activities.
By following this code, members of Werribee City FC create an environment of respect and integrity within the club and the broader community.