Keep up to date with all things WCFC via social media
Football Victoria 2020 Player Refund Update
September 13th, 2020
Important Update from Football Victoria
July 2nd, 2020
In response to Tuesday's announcement from the Premier of Victoria, Football Victoria have provided an update regarding the recommencement of football activities in Victoria. Please see their full statement via the link: https://ftbl.vc/update1july
We will continue to provide updated and detailed information as it is provided to us via our social media pages and website.
Thank you for your continued patience and for supporting the Werribee City FC!
An update on the status of 'Return to Football' activities 2020
June 2nd, 2020
On the back of the recent easing of restrictions from the Victorian Government, Football Victoria recently communicated with us that it would be targeting the resumption of competitive match dates as follows;
- For our elite pathway National Premier League (JBNPL) Junior Competitions, the proposed resumption of competitive matches is 27 June (revised from 20 June);
- For our Miniroos and Female squads the proposed resumption of competitive matches is 28 June;
- For Community Clubs Seniors, the proposed resumption of competitive matches is 11 July (revised from 28 June);
- For our senior NPL competitions, the proposed resumption of competitive matches is 10 July.
We emphasise that these are only target dates and are subject to further advice from the Federal and State Chief Health Officers and may be revised should the Victorian Government and Sporting Recreation Victoria (SRV) advise new dates as we move through the announced stages for the resumption of sport.
If you would like to read the full status of "Return to Football" 2020 please visit the Football Victoria "Return to Football" portal on the FV website https://www.footballvictoria.com.au/return-football
Thank you again to all for your continued patience.
Werribee City FC
**WERRIBEE CITY FC RETURN TO TRAINING UPDATE**
June 1st, 2020
Werribee City FC is excited to announce the return to "limited" training for our NPL Youth (U18s and U20s) and NPL Junior squads. Following the further easing of restrictions and working together with Football Victoria, Wyndham City Council and all relevant club stakeholders, we are moving forward with a return to training structure in a staggered approach to ensure the safety and well being of everybody associated with the club and the broader community is maintained. The first stage of this staggered approach saw our NPL Senior squad return to limited training, this next stage will allow our NPL squads to return and the final stage will see the return of our Female and Miniroos squads.
The staggered approach enables the club committee and operational volunteers to slowly and carefully work through and apply the very strict conditions that we MUST follow in order to get back to training. Once the club is comfortable that our NPL players and parents can manage and adhere to the strict guidelines we will provide the detail associated with getting our miniroos and female squads back on the pitch also.
U18s and U20s return to training this week (Weds and Thurs nights only) together with our senior squads.
All Junior NPL squads (U13 - U16) return to training this week (Tues night only).
Specific times will be communicated to all via email from your respective Team Manager.
The WCFC committee would like all parents and players to familiarise themselves with key mandatory conditions that we will roll out and that must be adhered to as we return to training.
Below are the key Mandatory Conditions which parents and players alike MUST adhere to if we are to have a safe environment with which to train in.
DON’T ATTEND TRAINING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IF YOU ARE UNWELL, HAVE SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19, HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH A KNOWN CASE OF COVID-19 OR ARE IN THE HIGH RISK CATEGORY.
Hygiene Protocols - Specific to Individual Players
- Wash hands with hand sanitiser immediately before and after training and during scheduled breaks in training
- DO NOT spit at any time
- DO NOT share drink bottles and clearly label your own bottle
- Training bibs or any other items worn/used during training, MUST be taken home to wash individually
- Carry hand sanitiser in order to enable good personal hygiene
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze and place tissues directly in bins
- Avoid the use of public toilets, however if necessary, ensure hands are washed thoroughly following the use of toilets.
- DO NOT share pens - each player MUST bring a pen to training in order to sign in at each training session.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth AT ALL TIMES
- Ensure not more than 1 person per toilet facility at any one time
Training Protocols – Players/Parent
- You must not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to training commencing
- You must not congregate at the entry point
- You must arrive prepared to train – changing rooms and/or the pavilion will not be in use
- You must bring your own drink bottles clearly labelled. No sharing of drink bottles is permitted
- If reasonably practical, only one parent/carer to take their child(ren) to training
- Parents/carers to keep a reasonable distance from the pitch - those that remain with their child(ren) during training will be considered part of the group of 20, unless they are formally coaching or instructing the activity. The club would actually prefer that parents remained in their cars unless absolutely necessary.
- You must follow the hygiene protocols listed above - regular breaks will to be provided for the purpose of rehydrating and hand sanitising
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained
- No more than 1 person per 4m²
- No heading of the ball can take place during training
- All training activity must be non-contact eg no tackling, no heading, no handshakes, high fives or similar
- Handling of equipment must be minimized eg no throw in’s
- Sharing of equipment must be minimised
- No use of shared equipment that touches the head or face or cannot be effectively cleaned i.e. soft materials or clothing
- You must provide your details including full name, FFA number, phone number, date and time of attendance, and confirmation whether you have downloaded COVIDSafe, to the coach/club official for the purposes of contact tracing.
- If training bibs are used, you will be allocated a bib and you must take it home and wash it
- You must leave the venue immediately once training has finished.
Any individuals who are observed as not following the above guidelines will be asked to leave training and the venue immediately and this could potentially result in the cancellation of all junior training throughout the club.
If you have any questions at all regarding the above please contact your respective Team Manager.
Be safe and be responsible - we are all relying on each other in order to enable us to commence getting back to a sense of normality.
Thank you all
** CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) – FURTHER UPDATE FROM WCFC**
May 23, 2020
Dear Parents, Players and Coaches,
Werribee City FC sincerely hopes that all of the WCFC community and their friends and family are safe and healthy as we continue to navigate through the COVID-19 crisis. It is certainly positive that we seem to be seeing an improvement in the overall situation with Government commencing the easing of restrictions. Part of the easing of restrictions revolves around Community Sport, which we have not been able to participate in for many weeks now.
As many of you may know, in the last few days Football Victoria released a framework titled “Return to Training” which sets the conditions with which football clubs can undertake training under current restrictions.
The full Return To Training conditions can be found in the FV Return To Training portal: https://www.footballvictoria.com.au/return-football
After reviewing the Return to Training guidelines, the club has made the decision to re-commence restricted training for our Senior Men, U20 Male and U18 Male groups only. The FV guidelines coupled with the Wyndham City Council requirements are very onerous and the club is not currently able to comply with these restrictions across all of our other playing groups (Female, Miniroos and NPL Juniors). Details regarding specific training guidelines will be provided to all Senior Men, U20 and U18 male squads.
Whilst the club wants nothing more than for a normal resumption of training and competitive football, our primary responsibility is our duty of care to both our football families and the broader community and to ensure everyone is safe during this COVID – 19 crisis. For this reason, NO sanctioned club training will take place at the moment for any squads other than those noted above.
The safety of our players, coaches, volunteers and parents is paramount and the WCFC committee has come to the decision to await the next State Government announcement regarding further easing of restrictions before making any further commitments to allow training for any other group.
After 31st May it is expected that restrictions will be eased further, though these restrictions may not necessarily result in an environment where full training can re-commence.
Even though Football Victoria has also released a statement on “Proposed Return to Play” dates, these dates are very much dependent on the further easing of restrictions and any subsequent decisions by Sports and Recreation Victoria (SRV) who ultimately decide the rules with which we can participate safely in our sport.
The full Return To Play statement can be found on the FV website portal:
We acknowledge how important sport and the social aspect of our community club is to everyone at WCFC and the club has seriously considered all factors in coming to the decisions noted in this letter. However nothing is more important than ensuring the safety and well being of all involved at the club and we certainly hope you all appreciate and understand the cautious approach that we have taken.
The club is committed to supporting our football community through this challenging time and we will continue make decisions and provide any updates as new information comes to hand from both Football Federation Australia (FFA) and Football Victoria (FV).
WCFC thank you all for your patience and understanding regarding this very difficult situation and we certainly do not underestimate the impact that the virus is having on everyone associated with WCFC, including the club itself.
Please stay healthy and safe and do not hesitate to contact your respective coordinator should you have any queries.
Werribee City FC
ITALIAN SPORTS CLUB OF WERRIBEE
Situated a few short km’s from the Town Centre in large grounds opposite the Werribee River, the Club boasts a wide range of facilities including large and small Function Rooms, Members Bar, Restaurant, Squash Courts and ample car parking.
Whether you need somewhere to hold your next trivia night, dinner dance, conference, meeting, event celebration, group get together or you’re having a social sporting event we have the range of facilities to accommodate you.