Keep up to date with all things WCFC via social media
COVID - 19 UPDATE
Werribee City FC sincerely hopes that all of the WCFC community and their fiends and family are safe and healthy during these troubled times associated with COVID19 (Coronavirus). The club is committed to supporting our football community through this challenging time and we will make every effort to provide any updates as new information comes to hand from both Football Federation Australia (FFA) and Football Victoria (FV).
As the largest club based participation sport in the country, with almost 2 million participants, football has an important role to play in minimising and stopping the further spread of the virus. As already detailed, football across the country is temporarily suspended until April 14 at this stage, which means no training, playing or club football activities at all. It is important to note that football activity at this time will not be covered by the FV insurance policy.
The latest FFA circulars/information for your reference can be found here:https://www.ffa.com.au/governance/circulars
The club has received queries over recent days regarding potential fee refunds. The current status on refunds is summarised below:
- FFA advised that all Australian football has been suspended until 14th April.
- At this stage the NPL, JBNPL, Miniroos and Female seasons have been "suspended" only, not cancelled or even necessarily shortened.
- While football is suspended, the sport and the club requires participants to continue to support clubs by registering to play. This is crucial to ensure the sustainability of the various competitions that football is aiming to still delver in 2020 if/when play can resume.
- No further advice has been received from either FFA or FV, though we are expecting an update from FFA and FV over coming days.
- WCFC like all other NPL clubs will take direction from FFA and FV accordingly as it comes to hand.
- WCFC is not currently in a position to provide any advice at all on status of fees and/or if any refunds at all will be provided to parents both JBNPL, Miniroos and Female squads.
- Once and if FV advise that the actual season will be shortened or cancelled then WCFC like other clubs will be in a position to discuss the impacts of this from the clubs perspective and then advise what, if any, refund will be provided to parents.
- At the appropriate time, if refunds are considered, they will obviously take into account costs that the club has incurred to this point, noting that clubs remain obliged to pay any competition administration and registration fees. If a "refund" situation does arise then a possible scenario is that some form or "pro-rata" refund (if any) will be considered and communicated accordingly.
FV certainly has the option to extend the season if we have sooner than expected relief from COVID19 - we certainly all hope that this is the case. Again, until such time that a decision is made by FFA/FV we cannot provide any further advice on this matter.
WCFC thank you all for your patience and understanding regarding this very difficult situation and we certainly do not underestimate the impact that the virus is having on everyone associated with WCFC, including the club itself, both from a health and economic level.
Please stay healthy and safe as we all navigate through these challenges.
ITALIAN SPORTS CLUB OF WERRIBEE
Situated a few short km’s from the Town Centre in large grounds opposite the Werribee River, the Club boasts a wide range of facilities including large and small Function Rooms, Members Bar, Restaurant, Squash Courts and ample car parking.
Whether you need somewhere to hold your next trivia night, dinner dance, conference, meeting, event celebration, group get together or you’re having a social sporting event we have the range of facilities to accommodate you.